Dienstag, 14. April 2015

Material Girl

Hi dolls,

last year, I made the resolution to shop less. I didn't want to restrict myself to no shopping at all, there were some exceptions allowed. Despite that, I still broke my resolution a few times, but not too often, so it's still ok. It was a good experience, as I asked myself more often; do I really need this? The answer was usually no. In the end, I didn't spend less money, but instead of cheaply-made fashion I invested more in travelling, tattoos and concerts, and that's certainly a big improvement!

I really hope to keep this trend going in the future, but despite all efforts, I still love to shop, which already resulted in several purchases I made this year. Hooray for shopping haul posts! (^_^)


Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, limited edition for The Franklin Library, published 1979, illustrated by Herbert Trauss.
Probably the most expensive book I own (except for art and text books), but when I saw this treasure on ebay, I just couldn't resist.


Bound in leather, with gilt edging and gorgeous illustrations - the bibliophiles amongst you will definitively understand.


If you're less attracted by the beauty of books, it's still a great novel. Especially if you wear Lolita fashion, you should know it, not because it shares anything with it except for the name, but because many people still associate the fashion with the idea of the nymphomaniac nymphettes.
Also, it's kind of a classic and therefore should be part of general knowledge anyways.




 

Novala Takemoto - Kamikaze Girls.
I already own the paperback, but I definitvely wanted a hardback copy, simply because it's pretty, again. The book-jacket is super adorable, and if you remove it, the sophisticated black spine appears... asthetically perfect for the ultimate Lolita (talking about the fashion here again!) manifesto, right?


I already wrote about my trip to the Leipzig Bookfair, but not about the purchases I made there. I was especially smitten by the artist section in the manga/comic hall, that's where I found these treasures:



I already showed you the jellyfish necklace from caffecupcake, but it's so adorable, so here it is again!


Love - Der Fuchs by Fédéric Brrémaud and Federico Bertolucci.
There was a selection of comics of this series featuring all kinds of animals, but I fell in love with the fox story. There's no text in it at all, but the drawing and colours are so amazing!



Madeleine by Antonia Mahlke.
It's so cool how many of these talented artist that exhibitioned their work had little booklets and mangas printed, and I really like to support indie artists, they put so much time and effort in their work, but it's really hard to get recognition.
I fell in love with this booklet, it's again a story without text (I see a pattern here... but I love how pictures can tell a story, and sometimes a bad dialogue ruins all the art).


Box of dreams.
55 members of the "Milk&Chocolate" circle on Animexx contributed to this book with an illustration under the theme "dreams". It's an amazing collection!

Furthermore, I did some online shopping... I really like getting parcels in the mail, it's like you make a gift to yourself, since you have to wait for it to arrive (*.*)

Gothic Lolita Bible Vol. 54

Oak Tree Farm boots (I wore them on the last meet-up)

Laced bootees by Tamaris in bordeaux

Sewing patterns from Truly Victorian - my plans for the summer break are already settled!
2 swearshirts from Lookhuman. Stock photos because the actual sweater are in the laundry

Seems like a lot, I know, but hey, after all that's from the last 3 months!
What about you, do you shop often? What are your favourite purchases so far this year?





1 Kommentar:

  1. I love those boots and shoes. I have to make myself shop less but it works halfway because I rarely buy clothes for the past few years, pretty much only swap them so I can save my money for eating out which is the other serious drain on my finances :P but I'm trying to cut down on that with a little success

    AntwortenLöschen